Looking for something...

05 June 2011

The Great Wedge Hunt... Just ordered 3 options from Saks, looking for the perfect for me black all-day-wearable wedge sandal for summer. Im wearing out my fav lace-up Anne Demuelemeester's and i cant have that! The Givenchy ankle wrap (front and center) I love love love! Nice leather everything and on sale at Saks for $272.9 only prob they don't fit well. Lol.  I have thin feet and I guess a below average instep, i.e. flat feet, making strappy high sandals such a challenge! Ugh, straps are too lose my feet slide through the front... My never ending saga with sandal season. Anyway the next option is a 70's inspired rampy wood wedge and simple upper from Joie. No compaints here! Good height and great fit. Also very light weight compared to last season's Chloe wedge which I think helped spark this trend. So, it's between this and the last option up top on the right, an Elizabeth and James cork wedge with suede upper. It's a little more foot coverage than I was looking for but when I modeled all for the BF this got the biggest reaction! He said my legs look good wearing all but best in these which, is always a good thing to me. With a 1 1/4 platform and 4 1/2 inch wedge the burden on your feet is a reasonable 3 1/4 ( I yeah shoe girls do good math). Good height, fit, and reaction this might be the winner!Sent from my iPhone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E & J! Love them!

-jillian

Follow 6pairs12steps on Twitter