Looking for something...

17 January 2011

My Transitional Must-haves!

You can see from the first few posts I love platforms and super high heels however, after a recent move back to Brooklyn I now have a slightly longer walk to the train than I'm used to in 4+ inch heels. Honestly, my feet just cannot handle it and neither can my shoes. So, since I haven't quite embraced the bigger bag --I carry a clutch nearly everyday-- and two pairs of shoes rule of so many NYC girls I've decided to find and incorporate more fabulous shoes with less than a 3 1/2 inch heel, that's my all-day-walk-ability threshold!



I love this mix of sugar and spice; I can still feel
aggressive and edgy and sweet and sexy
at the same time.
Valentino studded ankle wrap pump
Not much of a sneaker girl, I adore this
Isabel Marant hidden wedge sneaker!
Available at Isabel Marant 469 Broome St NYC
(photo credit: Garance Dore)





Ok, so this doesn't actually fit into my "shoe year's" resoltuion
but it's just ssoo darn cute! And I'll never completely
give up my huge platforms and high heels,
as long as there's still cabs and night time activities :-)
Christian Louboutin "Madame butterfly"

 
I actually own this style in black suede, it's absolutely amazing
so I had to post the leather version.
This open front lace-up sandal is one of the most comfortable
and functional shoes I own!
Ann Demeulemeester, Saks.com


This could be new best friend; my new everyday gem!
Alexander Wang "Ines" oxford, Barneys.com







Editor's note: So, I started this post earlier in the day and found myself so inspired by the mid-heeled styles I was finding that I head over to Saks to return some massively high Burberry shearling boots I recently purchased and had been milling over for a few days. As, I was waiting on my receipt I made a lap and happened upon these babies, comfortable yet super cute and just my style! 
Givenchy tassel and  fringe sandal in black suede w. back zip

1 comment:

Connie F. Yelle said...

How to explain , how pretty are the shoes with flounce.I love
black color shoes. Really appreciable , worthy. Can't be ignored. Hopping to have a one just like this.

Follow 6pairs12steps on Twitter